2-1-1 (24 hour Information and Referral Line)
Looking for affordable housing, quality day care or utility assistance? Are you struggling with a personal crisis or need help with an aging parent?
Simply dial 2-1-1 or (855) 420-8689 to reach United Way’s free, 24 hour information and referral helpline, which links people in need with assistance from local health and human service programs. staffed by highly trained, multilingual operators, 2-1-1 is your connection to finding help with:
- Utilities, Housing and Food
- Youth and Child Care Issues
- Physical and Mental Health Services
- Elder Services
- And much more. You can also visit www.211nwfl.org
Dollar $mart Coalition
Dollar $mart is a community coalition of companies, agencies, government, educational, non-profit, and other organizations. We’re focused on proactively increasing the prosperity of our community by increasing the prosperity of each of our citizens.
To provide financial educational resources, training, and tools to empower underprivileged individuals living in Bay County and the surrounding communities to build and maintain healthy financial lifestyles.
- Free Tax Service through the VITA program every Jan through April. https://unitedwaynwfl.org/vita/
- Financial Educational Awareness through training to individuals who receive free tax service through the VITA program.
- Financial education to underprivileged individuals and families using Money Smart curriculum.
- To work with local middle and high schools to incorporate financial literacy awareness into their teaching plans.
- To Partner with nonprofit organizations to bring financial awareness to those individuals who benefit from their services.
- To build healthy families through financial education to bring about social change within Bay and surrounding counties.
- To provide ongoing training resources and one on one support where low to moderate income individuals can to for financial education and understanding.
Our Coalition tax sites have helped more than 3,000 families file their federal tax returns, resulting in more than $3,600,00.00 returning to our community in the form of Earned Income Tax Credit. Our clients have also saved more than $375,000 in tax preparation fees and Refund Anticipation Loan fees and interest.
Through financial education, our clients will truly be have a stronger foundation heading into the new year when it comes to their financial stability. Individuals that work with the Dollar $mart counselors and take the classes will be able to manage their checking and savings accounts better and pay their bills on time more often than before they came to us.
Corporate Partners: A.D. Harris Learning Village, BB&T Bank, Career Source, iHeartMedia, Comcast, Copy Products, Florida State University, Gulf Coast State College, Hancock Bank, Internal Revenue Service, Publix, Regions Bank, Sonny’s BBQ, SunTrust Bank, The News Herald, Walmart, Wells Fargo Bank, WJHG News Channel 7, WMBB News Channel 13, Women’s Club of Panama City, UF/IFAS Extension.
Non-Profit Agency Partners: Bay County Council on Aging-RSVP, Catholic Charities, Family Service Agency
**A list of classes will be available shortly**
Emergency Food and Shelter Program
The federally-funded Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) provides assistance for food, utilities and shelter to individuals and families in emergency situations who meet the federal eligibility guidelines. United Way of Northwest Florida has been successfully administering this valuable program for Bay County residents for the last 10 years.
The funds go directly to our local agencies, helping those with critical needs.
This year we distributed $83,010 in funds to local agencies.
For funding questions, please contact Hollee Hansen at (850)215-6753.
FamilyWize Prescription Cards
Get the lowest price on on your prescription medication. Find out how you can save an average of 43% with your FREE FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card.
If you or your loved one needs support or connections to community resources, call the Florida Veterans Support Line at 1-844-MyFLVet (693-5838) and talk to a trained specialist. Many of them are fellow veterans. Available 24/7 every day, all conversations are confidential and judgement-free.