Here are just a few examples of where your United Way donation is going, and the impact you are making on our community. Last year your donations helped:
- Provide enhanced learning experiences for over 6,000 public school students.
- Provide substance-abuse services to 26 adolescents from the ages of 13-18.
- Provide dually diagnosed substance abuse and mental health services to 3,000 unduplicated clients per year throughout Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Calhoun, Washington and Holmes counties.
- Provide compassionate care to 1,456 patients at the end of their lives and bereavement services to family and friends.
- Provide skill-building programs to more than 3,800 girls.
- Reach over 800 girls through special mentor programs for at-risk youth.
- Provide FREE medical and dental to over 3,000 Bay County citizens.
- 223 local families receive crisis disaster relief services.
- Provide safe shelter to 161 adults and 109 children who are survivors of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence.
- Serve 1,588 abused, neglected, homeless, runaway youth and their families through emergency shelter, counseling, case management, maternity group home and transitional living programs last year.
- Mentor 103 children in Bay County.
- Serve more than 53,000 meals to homebound elders.
- Provide emergency medication to 20 people with epilepsy